There are many healing herbs that you can incorporate into your alkaline electric vegan lifestyle.
For instance, outlined in this article is the detoxifying herbal remedy I am using to achieve some of my main goals for 2018:
- reducing my blood pressure;
- losing weight;
- improving my skin and hair condition; and
- breaking my cigarette smoking habit.
Here are some of the amazing healing herbs to use daily to detoxify and remove mucus…
- Burdock Root
This powerful herb contains over 100 minerals required by our bodies.
Some of the key benefits of Burdock Root include:
- it treats thyroid disorders; high blood pressure and purifies the blood; and
- it promotes detoxification from the skin, promotes scalp health and encourages hair growth.
As a natural iodine supplement, rich in iodine, calcium, magnesium and potassium as well as other trace beneficial minerals:
- it helps with weight loss by lowering lipids and cholesterol in the blood; and
- it reduces thickness of the skin, inhibits skin enzymes that breakdown the skin and improves elasticity.
With antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-influenza and anticancer properties, this is an important herb if you are looking to kick a smoking habit or cleanse your body after successfully quitting smoking.
- it removes mucus from the respiratory system; and
- it treats colds, the flu and allergies.
The No. 1 best seller, Alkaline Herbal Medicine provides a wealth of information on preparation, usefulness and combination of these and many more medicinal alkaline herbs.
How to make a powerful, mucus busting detox tea
- Mix 1 tablespoon of each herb (Burdock Root, Bladderwrack and Elderberry) in a large jug. You can add other useful herbs like Dandelion Root and/or leaf which strengthens your detox by expelling acid from your blood!
- Add 1.5 to 2 litres of boiling mineral water to the herb mixture .
- Leave herb and water mixture to steep for 1 to 3 hours.
- Use a strainer to pour a cup of this mucus busting detox tea.
- Drink a cup every 1 to 2 hours until it is finished. You can continue to top the tea up with boiled water throughout the day.
TIP: if you need to speed up the steeping process, the herb and water mixture can be transferred to a large pot Bring the mixture to a boil then simmer on low heat for 15 to 30 minutes. For those who want piping hot tea, use this method.
NOTE: Many herbs are diuretics. They promote urination and stimulate the kidneys, so drink plenty of water all day long; as and when your body needs water.
WARNING: This tea does not have a pleasant smell or taste but I think it is bearable. You can add raw agave to sweeten the taste of the tea but after a few days, you might actually get used to the taste (and smell), as I have!
Good luck and try out this powerful detox herbal tea.
Remember, once you learn more about other alkaline herbs and remedies, you can make detox teas tailored to meet your specific needs!